Get a EXTRA SURPRISE Discount @ Checkout.
The Modular General Purpose Tent System (18’x54') is a pole supported, modular tent that incorporates the latest design, and manufacturing technologies that provide the user with a multi purpose weatherproof shelter for any environment. The large MGPTS tent has frequently been used as a disaster relief tent or as an emergency shelter. The MGPTS large utilizes tensioned fabric to create a structure which distributes wind, rain and snow loads from the fabric directly to the support system. The Modular General Purpose Tent System design distributes loads efficiently with lighter support systems than conventional tents. The MGPTS serves as billeting, command and control, unit supply and field services shelters. The modular design consists of one type end, and intermediate sections, one type side pole and one type center pole. The tents system is 18 feet wide and can be extended indefinitely by adding 18-foot intermediate sections. The large MGPTS is 18 feet wide, 54 feet long, and weighs 1,122 lbs. It has 972-square-feet of floor space.Estimated setup time is roughly 67 minutes, and this tent can easily be assembled by a limited amount of manpower- six people max. The large MGPTS can be extended indefinitely by adding 18-foot intermediate sections.
NSN: 8340-01-456-3674 (Green)
NSN: 8340-01-491-1479 (Tan)
Manufacturers may vary between: Camel Manufacturing, Eureka Tents, and Outdoor Venture Corporation.
Specifications and Features:
- 2 End sections, 9’
- 2 Intermediate sections, 18’
- 16 Pole side w/guy line assemblies.
- 2 Pole side w/guy line assemblies.
- 5 Pole, “Y” adjustable.
- 2 Bag and fabric end section.
- 2 Bag and fabric mid section.
- 1 Bag, end pole.
- 2 Bag, mid pole.
- This tent requires:
- 32 stakes 36"
- 48 stakes 12"
- Does not require ladders, vehicles or tools (except for stake installation).
- Will not pool water and will withstand a minimum of one inch per hour for a period of three hours and wind blown rain at horizontal wind speeds of 35 mph.
- Not affected by ambient humidity between 0 and 100%.
- Passes test load of 10 lbs. per square foot for 12 hours of humidity.
- Can be assembled in winds of 25 mph, when fully erected withstands a steady wind of 55 mph for 30 minutes, and wind gusts of 65 mph in three second sunlight.
- Withstands exposure to direct sunlight for 18 months and tolerates temperatures up to 160°F.
- Modular and extendible in length indefinitely in 18' increments.
- Tensioned fabric design, vinyl coated polyester fabric.
- Blackout capable.
- White interior for added visibility.
- Lightweight aluminum pole system and modular fabric sections reduces logistic burden.
- 7' eave of height for added work space.
- Leak proof heat sealed seams.
- Windows and screen built into tent wall.
- Flexible configuration.
- Complexes with other shelters including the Temper tent by using the Temper vestibule.
- Provides environmental protection for numerous setups including medical facilities, troop billeting, command and control, field service support, emergency/disaster relief, maintenance functions and storage.
- Erects quickly; same erect/strike procedure for any size tent.
||18' x 54'